Mayland is part of the 58-campus North Carolina Community College System, and we partner with area colleges and universities to offer transfer options to our students. We also operate Learning Centers in Newland (Avery County) and Burnsville (Yancey County).
Programs of Study
What Can You Study at MCC?
The Division of Instructional Services at Mayland Community College is committed to providing quality educational experiences for students and the communities we serve. Our instructors use the latest technologies to open doors for learning and giving students options on when and where they want to study. Our programs give hands-on experiences to students, preparing them for success in the workplace or for transfer to another college or university.
Nursing & Medical Assisting
Demand for jobs in healthcare industries is strong, and you can work in a variety of facilities after completing your education and licensure.
Learn more about program offerings, admission requirements and deadlines concerning Associate Degree Nursing, Nursing Assistant and Medical Assisting by clicking here.
Get more information...
Have a question? Need help with your application? Get in touch with us!
Attending MCC is affordable!
Attending college can be a big financial commitment. Costs include tuition, books, supplies, food, transportation, and other expenses. It can add up quickly.
Mayland Community College is an excellent value when compared to 4-year colleges and universities.
Look at the numbers here
Mayland Community College's Financial Aid Office is committed to assisting students with the costs of attending college. Scholarships, grants, part-time work, and childcare are a few types of aid available to qualified students. There is an application process for financial aid. We encourage all students to apply for financial assistance.
Read more on the Financial Aid portion of the MCC website.
Make The Intelligent Choice: MCC!
Your future begins at Mayland Community College. With 29 programs of study, including 15 degree, 14 diploma and 34 certificate opportunities in technical, vocational, and college transfer, the College offers something for everyone. You can train for a new career, take transfer courses, enhance current skills, learn a new skill, and much more.
Mayland is part of the 58-campus North Carolina Community College System, and we partner with area colleges and universities to offer transfer options to our students. We also operate learning centers in Newland (Avery County) and Burnsville (Yancey County).
Steps to Becoming a Student at MCC
- Complete a MCC application.
- Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Advisor by calling 828-766-1234.
- Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Submit High School, GED, and/or other college transcripts.
- Make an appointment with the MCC Counseling Center for career and/or transfer assistance.
- Schedule an appointment to take the MCC Placement Test (Accuplacer). Access a study guide here. Mayland Community College uses multiple measures to determine students’ readiness for college-level courses, so some students will not be required to take the placement test. Recent graduates with specific course work and a GPA of 2.6 or higher, students who have taking the SAT or ACT recently and met minimum scores, and students who have previously completed college level English and/or Math courses may be exempt from the test. Please see the MCC Catalog or contact an Admissions Advisor at 828-766-1234 for more information.
or call toll-free at:
Curriculum or Continuing Education?
Mayland offers classes for college credit (i.e. curriculum classes) and classes for skills development, enrichment, or personal enjoyment (i.e. continuing education classes). Learn more about these types of classes to decide which is right for you. Continuing Education Home
Can I transfer to another college from MCC?
Start your college career in a place where you are more than a number. At Mayland, we offer small classes and a variety of college transfer options with regional institutions, including schools in the UNC System. Plus, the price is right.
You can earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree or you can just take classes to transfer to another college or university.
Check out what we have to offer. You will find that Mayland is a great place to start college!